Quite a few of my friends won Grammys today during the pre-telecast. Congratulations to:
- Patti Austin for Avant Gershwin – Best Jazz Vocal Album
- Terence Blanchard for A Tale Of God’s Will (A Requiem For Katrina) – Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album
- John Clayton for I’m Gonna Live Till I Die (a track on Queen Latifah’s Trav’lin’ Light CD) – Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s)
- Paquito D’Rivera for Funk Tango – Best Latin Jazz Album
- Herbie Hancock for River: The Joni Letters – Best Contemporary Jazz Album
- Maria Schneider for Cerulean Skies (a track from her Sky Blue CD) – Best Instrumental Composition
3 thoughts on “Grammy Kudos”
…And a big congrats to Herbie for winning Album of the Year later in the evening.
I’ve provided a link to the article in today’s LA Times Calendar section about Maria and ArtistShare, in case you didn’t see it.
[Note from DevraDoWrite: The article was fantastic but the link only works for LAT subscribers.]
I’m sure that Mr. Zell will be addressing this shortly.
Comments are closed.